Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:13+, Maximum Age:17
Library Service Learning Program – El Cajon Branch
Service Learning at the San Diego County Library is a teaching and learning approaching that integrates community service with academic study to enrich learning, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities. It is a system-wide program to get teens involved at their local library branches.
Contact Miko Osada for more information: Fumiko.Osada@sdcounty.ca.gov or (619) 588-3718
- Service Learning Opportunities are for students ages 13-17
- Service Learners must commit to at least 6 hours of service
- Students must visit the branch to obtain the agreement forms and set up an interview.
- A valid parent/guardian signature is required to participate
About the San Diego County Library
San Diego County Library (SDCL) has diligently served the community of San Diego County since opening its doors in 1913. With 33 branches, 2 bookmobiles and 4 24/7 kiosks. SDCL serves over one million residents across a 4,000-square-mile county. SDCL's mission is to inform, educate, inspire, and entertain.
Staff will do their best to match your interests and talents with current needs. Volunteers receive an orientation and training. Expect a busy staff and sometimes unspoken, but always heartfelt thanks for your commitment to your community.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: