Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Polinsky Holiday Event Preparation
Polinsky Children's Center is looking for people with a passion for holiday event organization and implementation. There are a variety of necessary tasks to complete in order to create a positive holiday celebration the Polinsky Children will never forget.
- Sort donations (toys, clothing, personal hygiene and self-care items, games, electronics, etc.) to be given to the children ages newborn to 18 years
- Wrap gifts
- Organize and implement fun winter break activities and holiday parties
- Accompany the Polinsky Children on outings to holiday festivities such as: Driving around looking at holiday lights, Ice skating, Nutcracker Ballet and other theater productions, etc.
This opportunity requires a minimum of 8 hours per month for one year of volunteer service, as well as in-house training requirements
The minimum age to volunteer is 21 years
A background check is required of all volunteers
A medical exam is required of all volunteers
- Live Scan fingerprinting is required of all volunteer
About the Polinsky Children’s Center
The A.B. and Jessie Polinsky Children's Center is a 24-hour temporary shelter care facility for children who must be separated from their families for their own safety, or when parents cannot provide care. Each month approximately 100 children ages birth to 18 years old are admitted to the Polinsky Children's Center.
Polinsky temporary shelter care facility volunteers provide special attention and activities for the children at Polinsky Children's Center. This may include helping children up to 18 years of age with homework, gardening, art projects, sports, and social activities.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: